As the county seat and home to most of Humboldt county’s residents, Eureka is a must-see. You’ll find all the convenient amenities available in Humboldt, as well as some gems you don’t want to miss.
- Old Town Eureka – Shop local! Trendy boutiques, timeless antiques, and a huge variety of fantastic restaurants. A few of my favorite spots to grab a bite: Los Bagels, Ramones Bakery, and Jack’s Seafood! Definitely stop in at the Clarke Historical Museum, featuring the history of Eureka and Humboldt county, native tribal artifacts, as well as the Eureka Tourism Center.
- Historic Homes – The Carson Mansion and over 150 well-preserved Victorian Era houses and buildings. Be sure to check out the most famous historic homes in Eureka.
- Sequoia Park Zoo – The oldest zoo in California! Soon to be home to the Redwood Sky Walk through the Redwoods
- Mural Tour – I’ve heard it said that Humboldt County has the highest count of artists per capita in the US. There is evidence of this in the hundreds of murals – big and small – that can be found throughout Eureka on buildings, benches, sidewalks, and utility boxes. Drive around and enjoy!
- Eureka Boardwalk – Located right at the foot of C Street. Watch local fishing boats and the Coast Guard come and go from Humboldt Bay, rent an E-Bike and cruise along the entire Bayfront, grab a kayak or stand up paddleboard from the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center, and paddle over to Woodley Island for brunch at Cafe Marina.
Any time spent on Humboldt Bay is a good day!
Home Prices in Eureka, CA
Information is deemed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed. © 2022